- OCVA Marketing Partner Package
- Public Affairs
- Industry Planning Documents
- OCVA Team
- Marketing Resources
- Marketing Tools
- Business Resources
- Grant Opportunities
- Workforce Training
- Newsletter Sign Up
- Industry News
- Job Opportunities
- Emergency Response
- In The Media
- Industry Events
- North Coast Tourism Management Network
- Climate Action
- Strategic Advisory Group
- Volunteer Opportunities
Industry Communications Coordinator
Are you passionate about sustainable tourism and creating meaningful connections within the Oregon Coast’s diverse and captivating landscape? The Oregon Coast Visitors Association (OCVA) is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Industry Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
Position: Industry Communications Coordinator
Full Job Description: Industry Communications Coordinator job description
Location: Remote Work, must be located on Oregon Coast
Applications Accepted: September 1 to 22, 2023
Interviews: October 2 to 6
About Us: OCVA is the driving force behind the Oregon Coast’s tourism industry. We represent a wide array of entities, including destination marketing and management organizations, accommodations, eateries, land management agencies, cultural attractions, and more. Our mission is to inspire travel and strengthen collaboration to create and steward a sustainable coastal economy.
- Develop and execute effective Business to Business and agency to agency communications strategies
- Master the OCVA voice for impactful written and spoken communication
- Understand tourism industry perspectives to shape communication strategies
- Handle time-sensitive media requests and maintain positive partnerships
- Create compelling content, including newsletters, articles, social posts, reports, talking points, and more
- Support stakeholder engagement regionally and sub-regionally
- Collaborate closely with other OCVA departments for consistent messaging
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to contribute to the sustainable management of Oregon Coast’s tourism industry
- Engaging work environment with a collaborative and passionate team
- Competitive compensation package
- Professional development opportunities
- Chance to immerse yourself in the Oregon Coast’s natural beauty and attractions
Please review the full job description, then submit your resume and cover letter to Karen Olson, copying Marcus Hinz and Arica Sears. Application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, September 22. Please use the subject line “Industry Communications Coordinator Application – Your Last Name.”
If you are a motivated individual who loves the Oregon Coast, thrives in a dynamic environment, has a deep appreciation for effective communication, and is excited to make a difference in the tourism industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role!
Join us in showcasing the Oregon Coast’s treasures and creating lasting connections within the tourism community. OCVA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Wild Rivers Coast Food Trail Coordinator
The Wild Rivers Coast Food Trail is seeking a new coordinator to support the food trail businesses along the southern Oregon coast.
A group of nearly 40 businesses from Brookings to Reedsport make up the Wild Rivers Coast Food Trail. All of the businesses feature local food, sourcing food within 150 miles of their respective locations. The trail encompasses seven categories of businesses – Farms & Ranches, Eateries, Seafood, Markets, Craft Beverages, Artisan Products, & Experiences.
The food trail coordinator position is part-time, has flexible hours, and receives competitive pay. Applicants must be gregarious, self-motivated, tech-savvy, and live and be willing to travel within the Southern Oregon Coast region.