- OCVA Marketing Partner Package
- Industry Resources
- Industry Planning Documents
- OCVA Team
- Marketing Resources
- Marketing Tools
- Business Resources
- Grant Opportunities
- Workforce Training
- Newsletter Sign Up
- Industry News
- Job Opportunities
- Emergency Response
- In The Media
- Industry Events
- North Coast Tourism Management Network
- Climate Action
- Strategic Advisory Group
- Volunteer Opportunities
The Strategic Advisory Group is one unified table that regularly convenes representation from coastal natural resource agencies (OPRD, ODFW, USFS, USFW, ODOT) to share information, resources and develop unified strategies, tactics and messaging aimed at reducing the impacts of visitation on natural resources while also promoting public safety.
These natural resource agencies help OCVA identify which visitor impacts to focus on according to the following criteria:
- Relevant across multiple agencies who are all experiencing similar impacts.
- Concrete, documented impacts, not theoretical or potential impacts.
- Chronic, long term impacts and can be reasonably expected to occur each season.
- Reasonably determined to be caused by visitors and not local residents of the area.
- Have immediately apparent ways of dealing with the impact via strategic messaging.
Ultimately, OCVA is not an enforcement agency and will message around the idea that all are invited to visit responsibly.