- OCVA Membership
- Industry Resources
- Industry Planning Documents
- OCVA Staff
- Marketing Resources
- Marketing Tools
- Business Resources
- Grant Opportunities
- Workforce Training
- Newsletter Sign Up
- Industry News
- Job Opportunities
- Emergency Response
- In The Media
- Industry Events
- Strategic Advisory Group
- Volunteer Opportunities
What is Guest Service Gold Oregon?
Five-star service begins with your employees. Ensure your team has the tools needed to give the best guest service possible with Guest Service Gold® training and certification. This comprehensive program is designed to train line-level employees to engage and provide memorable guest service. Core components include training and employee certification. Service-oriented organizations such as hotels, restaurants, attractions, and retail outlets can earn recognition as a Certified Property, Partner, or Destination if all front-line staff are engaged in this training. Our training emphasis seven principles of customer engagement and featuring true stories told by actual employees to illustrate these core principles:
- Recovery: Turn it around (Theory Restaurant at OMSI)
- Personalization: Provide an individualized experience (Timberline Lodge & Ski Area)
- Knowledge: Be in the know (Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel)
- Passion: Inspire others (St. Josef’s Winery)
- Commitment: Be all in (Portland International Airport)
- Inclusion: Include everyone (Oregon Convention Center)
- Personality: Be yourself (Travel Oregon Welcome Center)
Interested in conducting a GSG Training at your location? You can request an instructor to teach on-site.
NOTE: Subsidies for company-wide training are being offered through JUNE 2020 or as funds last!!!
Our training professionals have been around for a while, and can offer a wide variety of industry experience. Please see our list of authorized trainers below!
Training cost include the instructor and course packages and price points vary depending on distance, travel expenses may be extra. Up to 24 total can be accommodated in one session. Each participant needs their own workbook and test $30-$35 per person depending on shipping.