Why Hire a GORP Guide?
Clients report that the value of their experience was improved by 85-100% because they hired a guide!
GORP Guides have successfully demonstrated their knowledge and ability to:
- Provide guests with region-specific knowledge that will optimize their experience
- Identify 101 species of local animals and plants
- Tell guests interesting facts about your state and country, including history, events and natural features
- Work with tourism industry organizations
- Be knowledgeable about public natural resource management and how to work with them
- Provide quality customer service for various types of clients
- Help clients deepen their appreciation and care for wildlife management and the environment
- Use interpretive communication skills to enhance clients’ experience
- Adapt services to client interests
Adventure travel is an extremely diverse and expanding industry, making guiding and outfitting competitive. The GORP program provides a means for guides to stay current with industry trends through continuing education opportunities, while gaining the benefit of becoming an industry-recognized professional.
This content is aligned with the international voluntary best practice standards compiled by guide businesses with the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA).