Yachats Covered Bridge
The Yachats Covered Bridge was built in 1938 over the North Fork of the Yachats River in south Lincoln County, and was also built by Otis Hamer. It was Hamer’s last bridge and is one of the shortest in Oregon, measuring 42 feet in length. The timber construction of this bridge is of Queenpost Truss style, and its flared sides result from the buttresses underneath the siding. The Yachats Bridge also features ribbon openings under the roofline to allow light to enter inside, at the center of the bridge. The bridge was rebuilt buy Two G’s Construction and rededicated on Dec. 16, 1989. The renovation included updated construction techniques, new concrete piers and footings, and zinc strips on the roof to prevent the growth of moss. Though open to vehicles, the Yachats Bridge is closed to large RVs and trucks. The weight limit is 15 tons. HOW TO GET THERE: from Yachats drive east seven miles on Yachats River Road. Turn left just beyond a cement bridge. Then drive for two miles up the north fork of the Yachats River and you will come to the bridge.