Port Orford

  • Cape Blanco Lighthouse

    Port Orford, Oregon 97465

    This isolated lighthouse holds at least four Oregon records: it is the oldest continuously operating light, the most westerly, it has the highest focal plane above the sea, (256 feet), and had Oregon's first woman keeper, Mabel E. Bretherton signed on in March 1903. This lighthouse was commissioned in 1870 to aid shipping generated by gold mining and lumber industry. This is also a highly rated wildlife viewing area.

Advertisement
WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates