For over 113 years, the movie theater at 621 Chetco Avenue has provided the City of Brookings with film and entertainment. Known first on its opening in 1909 as the Pine Cone Theater, this was later changed to the Redwood Theater some time in the 1980s. Originally built of red brick in a grand but understated, formal manner, this movie house served not only the City of Brookings but the entire Southern Oregon Coast. Its patrons come from California to the South, to the Rogue River area and beyond in the north. The movie theater is located in the heart of Brookings and has been, and remains, a part of the community. It contains a number of artifacts and photos of a historical nature.