Plan your Car-Free Cannon Beach Trip!
NW Connector offers public transportation in northwest Oregon. Try their route mapping tools as you plan your trip.
The NW Connector (through Sunset Empire Transportation District and The Wave) and POINT intercity bus routes connect Cannon Beach to Portland and allow you to explore other cities up and down the North Coast!
From Portland (Union Station)
- Take the NorthWest POINT to Cannon Beach
Midtown bus stop
The Midtown bus stop at S. Hemlock Street and Coolidge Ave. provides connections to destinations around town, as well as connections to Seaside, Astoria, Manzanita, and Tillamook.
Once you arrive in Cannon Beach, take the stress out of finding parking around town – park once at your accommodations and explore our charming and walkable city by foot, shuttle, or bike.
- Most of Cannon Beach’s restaurants, cafés, shops, and galleries are located along Hemlock Street downtown
- The beach is a quick and easy walk from most lodging accommodations in town
- Visiting Haystack Rock? This not-to-miss destination has limited parking but is a pleasant one-mile walk from downtown
- In the summer, the “hop on, hop off” shuttle loop service around town comes every 30 minutes, taking you to all of Cannon Beach’s most popular destinations
- The NW Connector (SETD) Route 20 stops at 9 bus stops around Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach is a great place to ride!
- Bring your bike with you – all NW Connector and POINT buses are equipped with bike racks or storage
- Rent a bike in town through Family FUNcycles
- Check with your accommodations for bike rental options
Beach Access for Everyone
- Beach wheelchairs are available for visitors with mobility challenges so everyone can access our beautiful beaches. To reserve, call Bahama Boards at 503-436-4317.
While you’re here, it’s easy to visit the other amazing towns the Oregon Coast has to offer!
- Take the NorthWest POINT: Northbound to Astoria, with stops in Seaside
- Take the NW Connector (SETD Route 20): Northbound to Seaside
- Take the NW Connector (SETD Pacific Connector): Northbound to Astoria, with stops in Seaside
- Take the NW Connector (The Wave Route 3): Southbound to Manzanita and Tillamook