Fisher School (Five Rivers) Covered Bridge
Built in 1919, this bridge has a Howe Truss and is 72 feet long. The last of Lincoln County's covered bridges to be restored, the Fisher bridge was formally rededicated on June 4, 2005. This time there were federal and state transportation funds available for the project, which came to about $700,000. Originally built for $2,500, the Fisher bridge is one of Oregon's coldest covered bridges and was placed on the National Historic Registry in 1976. It is speculated the bridge may have been destroyed and rebuilt in 1927 (thus the date posted on a sign above the portal), but records show 1919 as the original date. The bridge spans a fork of Five Rivers and is located next to the former Fisher Elementary School, which is why the bridge is known by both names. HOW TO GET THERE: From Waldport, drive east on Hwy 34. Turn south at milepost 20 onto Five Rivers Road. Drive 9.4 miles up Five Rivers Road to Crab Creek Road, where the bridge is located.