The Liberty Theatre Classical Series
The Liberty Theatre is proud to present a second year of classical performances and school workshops. The first season presented seven workshops within Astoria and Warrenton High Schools, which reached 100+ students. Thanks to foundations, corporations, and donors, they plan to many more area schools during our 2018/2019 season.
Along with this exceptional educational outreach, they have chosen performers from around the country that the audience is sure to enjoy.
- September 22 – Portland Chamber Orchestra 7pm
- January 13 – Quartetto Gelato 7pm
- February 23 – BodyVox Dance 7pm
- March 7 – Trio Solisti 7pm
- April 26 – Clarinetist David Shifrin w/ Cary Lewis 7pm
- May 4 – Soprano Deborah Mayer w/ Cary Lewis 7pm
The season opener with Portland Chamber Orchestra with Yaacov Bergman, Music Director, is entitled, “The Eight Seasons.” Works will include:
- Antonio Vivaldi…..The Four Seasons
- Astor Piazzolla….The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires (Las Cuatro Estaciones Portensas)
The Portland Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1947 by Finnish composer and conductor, Boris Sirpo, who came to Portland after leaving his war-torn native country, and the orchestra was initially composed entirely of his music students at Lewis and Clark College. Now one of America’s oldest chamber orchestras, the commitment to quality performances of innovative repertoire that was instilled from the beginning continues.
Tickets available online or at the Box Office, Wed-Sat 2pm-5:30pm. Single tickets and season packages available.