10 Dishes You Have To Try on Your Next Trip to Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston.
By Oregon’s Adventure Coast
We are proud to say that Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston have developed quite a reputation among foodies! We have hosted numerous bloggers and food writers and many of them have been pleasantly surprised. Though we are known for our fresh seafood, there is much more to offer.
Since our first annual Bay Area Restaurant Week* is kicking off this week in conjunction with Tall Ship Days, we are taking this opportunity to share our favorite dishes from 10 fabulous local restaurants (please note, not all of the restaurants mentioned below are participating in Restaurant Week).
Our local restaurant “researchers” have been hard at work these past few months tasting just about every dish on just about every menu in town. After a long and extensive search, here are the 10 dishes they say you HAVE to try right now, or on your next trip to Oregon’s Adventure Coast.
- Albacore Tuna Salad (or ribs) at The Coach House
- Southwestern Slaw Tacos at SharkBites
- Devils Wings (and a beer) at 7 Devils Brewery
- ANY kind of Pizza at The Liberty Pub
- Calamari & Chips at Coney Station
- Dungeness Crab from Fishermen’s Wharf
- Dutch Baby & Apple Pancakes at Pancake Mill (takes 30 minutes but so worth the wait)
- Northwest Crab & Shrimp Melt Sandwich at the Plank House Restaurant
- Chef’s Special Sushi Platter at the Sushi Garden
There it is! Try each of these dishes and let us know if you agree! What are your top 10? Post yours on our Facebook page or email [email protected]! Be sure to visit our restaurant page and download our Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston List of Restaurants to carry with you.
*Participating restaurants for Bay Area Restaurant Week have been announced on the Coos Bay Downtown Association Facebook page. Please contact the Coos Bay Downtown Association at (541) 266-9706 for more info.
Story and photos courtesy of Oregon’s Adventure Coast