Let’s Go Camping!!
May 17, 2011
“Let’s Go Camping” registration for 2011 opens
“Let’s Go Camping,” a state parks campaign to introduce the joys of an Oregon outdoor pastime, will be offered on nine weekends this summer.
Oregon Parks and Recreation Department staff and volunteers will present the 2011 overnight camping series for beginners in two-night programs at four parks and one-night sessions at nine others. Dates and locations of the two-night programs are:
- June 17-19 at South Beach and Umpqua Lighthouse state parks;
- June 24-26 at Farewell Bend State Park
- July 22-24 at Cascadia State Park.
The one-night experiences are scheduled on:
- July 9-10 at LaPine and Memaloose state parks;
- July 16-17 at Silver Falls and Stub Stewart state parks;
- July 30-31 at The Cove Palisades State Park;
- Aug. 6-7 at Valley of the Rogue and Wallowa Lake state parks;
- Aug. 13-14 at Milo McIver State Park;
- Aug. 20-21 at Champoeg State Heritage Area and Silver Falls State Park.
People can now register for any of the sessions by calling 1-888-953-7677. The cost of a weekend is $20 per family.
More information on the 2011 “Let’s Go Camping” series, which is co-sponsored by STIHL, is online at http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/lgc_intro.shtml.