Cape Arago Lighthouse
Cape Arago is located 12 miles southwest of Coos Bay and North Bend off Hwy 101. It stands 100 feet above the ocean on an islet just off Gregory Point. The light atop the 44-foot-high tower was first illuminated in 1934 and is easily noticeable due to its distinct fog horn. Although newest in terms of service, earlier structures were built on this site in 1866 and 1908, both succumbing to weather and erosion. Hidden behind a guarded fence, Cape Arago is not open to the public.