Fondest Memories of Oregon Coast

Posted by lori woods / March 1, 2009

I have so many fond memories it’s hard to choose which one is the best! One of my favorites I think is, playing on the beach during the day, then going into the Newport harbor , we bought hand dipped ice cream cones and watched seals , ate lunch at Mo’s and looked in the gift shops, Then we bought fish off the boats in the harbor and took our fish back to the motel to cook and after dinner lit the fire in the fireplace in our Bayfront motel, waiting until sunset and watching fireworks on the fourth of July. The next day we got to wake up to hear the seagulls and watch the boats in the bay in front of the motel, lit a fire again to make a nice breakfast and had coffee while watching sea lions playing in the bay, and people clamming and looking for beach wood.

1. apryl face says:

LOVE it! Sounds like the nicest of times. How about bringing me with you next time, lol!
    and YAY clams! :)

posted March 5, 2009 at 2:33 pm
  2. corey w. says:

wow what; a great story

posted March 5, 2009 at 5:30 pm
  3. Karen says:

enjoyed your story I can almost hear the seagulls calling to each other in the air abnd feel the the breeze of the sea on my face.

posted March 5, 2009 at 7:32 pm
  4. Brooks says:

What a great place to make memories. It just doesn’t get any better than the beach for having a box full of fun. Good memories that will last a life time, and your story helps revive some of my memories. Thanks

posted March 6, 2009 at 8:32 am
  5. Cheri says:

I can just imagine being there, hearing the sound of the waves, listening to the seagulls, and watching the sea lions. There’s nothing like the Oregon coast…I can’t wait to visit this summer!

posted March 7, 2009 at 1:14 am
  6. Gem B. A. says:

That’s what it’s all about. Going and jumping from one great memeory to another. Doing all kinds of beachie/coast stuff…getting away from all the routines of home. Makes me want to plan a trip to the beach right now. Great memory Lori.

posted March 11, 2009 at 12:52 pm
  7. cheri H says:

sounds like a wonderful time with family a great memory to keep in your locket.

posted March 11, 2009 at 4:28 pm
  8. Cindy Chester says:

Makes me miss all the good times being docked in Wheeler for two years.
    The tang of the sea air, the pircing cry of the gulls and the seals.

posted March 11, 2009 at 5:29 pm
  9. Melissa Kohn says:

Wow Lori! Sure wakes up the memories, I sure do miss being able to go to the coast for the day. The ice cream and watching the seals is my favorite part. Well along with walking on the beach for hours having the water lap at your feet, or the feeding of the gulls down at “D”river ,Lincoln City.

posted March 15, 2009 at 10:17 am
  10. melissa k. says:

great story! Sure wakes up the memory bank!!!!! Lissa

posted March 15, 2009 at 1:58 pm
  11. Manda says:

You can do the same thing every year and it never gets old! I love the beach so much and this story makes me miss the smell. You know that gross fish smell that you get used to and that salt smell? yum!

posted March 18, 2009 at 12:06 am
  12. Charlotte Krebs says:

Tranquility is one big way to describe the effects of the beach. Your memories of your favorite ways to spend a day at the coast describe just how relaxed you can be when you spend time enjoying your stay at the beach. Its great to hear how you and family enjoy this holiday at the beach. Thanks for sharing.
    Charlotte

posted March 18, 2009 at 7:53 am
  13. Darrel says:

Each experience of Newport is like reliving the last, it never gets old. Eating at Mo’s just heightens the time there.

posted March 18, 2009 at 8:28 am
  14. Michelle says:

This is a wonderful story. I makes me wish I could take a trip to the coast agian soon!!!! thanks for the story!!!

posted March 19, 2009 at 4:05 pm
  15. Sara says:

Lori,

I love days like that at the beach.

posted March 20, 2009 at 10:21 am