Wonderful sand

Posted by P. Gerald (Gerry) Marra / February 13, 2009

My fondest memories are when I took my two daughters to the Tillamook, Oregon area for week of vacation and for fun on the sand.

The sand was so squeaky when you walked it was fun to make sounds with your bare feet as you walked. We found many fish floats and enjoyed picking up agates which we took home and polished.

This time of one on one parenting with my two daughters will last me a lifetime. The sandy beaches and the wonderful hospitality we enjoyed was very refreshing.

We certainly spent a lot of time at the Tillamook dairy and their wonderful hamburgers and ice cream. Our big meal of the day was always back to the dairy. That Oregon grass sure did make some wonderful milk for the cheese and ice cream.

What an idyllic time.

1. Don Snow says:

What a wonderful time. The girls are now grown and they also treasure the trips to the Oregon Coast

posted February 20, 2009 at 11:12 am
  2. Don Clark says:

Cousin Gerry mentions fondly his time at the Beaches in Oregon with his daughters. A lifetime memory. We have also taken trips to the Oregon Coast based on Gerry’s enthusiasm for the scenery and sand.

posted February 20, 2009 at 11:14 am
  3. Harry Dahl says:

Gerry and I have been business associates for over 40 years. His time with his daughters on the Oregon Coast have been told many times. Each time of telling, brings a smile to his face. My wife Donna and I have also made trips to the Oregon Coast and were the results of the many positive times Gerry and family spent there. We are pleased to make this comment.

posted February 20, 2009 at 11:16 am
  4. Joe Smith says:

Gerry asked me to leave a comment on his story about his time at the Oregon Coast with his daughters. While his trips were some years ago, they still ring positively to the present day. The people of Oregon and especially those who live and work at the coast have had a positive feedback to our trips. We also enjoy the time on the clean and wonderful sand.

posted February 20, 2009 at 11:19 am
  5. D. Jensen says:

I also have fond memories of the Oregon Coast. I went there after listening to the many stories Gerry’s girls would tell. I found the Oregon Coast as wonderful as they described and had many memorable times there myself. Go there, enjoy it too.

posted February 20, 2009 at 11:35 am